About Me....

I am student at University of South Alabama majoring in Elementary Education. My goal for graduation is to complete my degree in the Spring 2011. Upon graduation, I plan to begin working immediately. My goal is to become a fourth grade teacher. I think this is a very important and fun year in learning. Learning should always be fun and stimulating. I hope that I can foster a learning environment in my classroom in which my students are eager to learn.

Diversity in the Classroom

It is my personal goal to teach diversity in my classroom. I have learned so much about teaching in a multicultural classroom. It is very important for me to include multicultural education in every subject that I teach. Multicultural education should not be taught only during specific months of the school year but every day. Every student of each cultural finds their identity in their own culture and values. These cultures must be a part of the daily curriculum. Including multicultural education in daily curriculum is a must in the schools of today. Schools are becoming more diverse with students from many different cultures and ethnicities and many of the current textbooks do not teach these different cultures as part of the curriculum. I feel it to be my responsibility to seek out material to integrate into and along with the material be taught.

No comments:

Post a Comment