About Me....

I am student at University of South Alabama majoring in Elementary Education. My goal for graduation is to complete my degree in the Spring 2011. Upon graduation, I plan to begin working immediately. My goal is to become a fourth grade teacher. I think this is a very important and fun year in learning. Learning should always be fun and stimulating. I hope that I can foster a learning environment in my classroom in which my students are eager to learn.

My Teaching Philosophy

What makes a great teacher? This is a question that I personally have asked myself while in college. Great teachers are those who never stop learning. As an educator in today's advancing technology, I must be ready and willing to learn at all times. Great teachers are organized and well prepared. Just as in any profession, teachers are expected to be prepared and well versed in the subject being taught. I know that I might not always have all of the answers but, it is important for my student's to know that I will do my very best to find the right answers. A great teacher fosters a welcoming learning environment. Students must feel they are important and worthy of your time. The classroom must be prepared for a learning environment that will stimulate the students and keep them interested and eager. Great teachers are inclusive of all students. Every student is important and should be recognized as important to the structure of the classroom. No student should feel they don't belong or are not needed. I want to acknowledge all of my students for what and who they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment